Using the Websoft9 ERPNext, you should have some Python administrator like below:
- Install Python, Python version management
- Use Pip to manage packages
- Use Pipenv,Virtualenv to manage your project
- Use Web Server of Python: Gunicorn or uWSGI
- Python Top Application: Django,Flask,Anaconda,Pytorch,Home Assistant
Refer to HTML version at docs.python-guide.org.
#1 Use Pip to intall package
Pip is the package management tool for Python. Because the Python2.x and Python3.x have been installed in this Image, you should known
pip is for Python2.x and
pip3 is for Python3.x
# view the default python pip version pip -V pip 19.0.3 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip (python 2.7) # view the python3 pip version pip3 -V pip 9.0.1 from /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (python 3.6) # List installed packages of python3. pip3 list
#2 Use Pipenv to manage project
Pipenv is a dependency manager for Python projects. If you're familiar with Node.js' npm or Ruby's bundler, it is similar in spirit to those tools. While pip can install Python packages, Pipenv is recommended as it's a higher-level tool that simplifies dependency management for common use cases.
# install pipenv pip install --user pipenv # Installing packages for your project cd myProject pipenv install requests # activate enviroment pipenv shell # run this script using pipenv run pipenv run python3 example.py
#3 Configure your HTTP Server
Create HTTP server in python is very convenient, just use Gunicorn or uWSGI.
- uWSGI: The uWSGI project aims at developing a full stack for building hosting services.
- Gunicorn: 'Green Unicorn' is a Python WSGI HTTP Server for UNIX. It's a pre-fork worker model. The Gunicorn server is broadly compatible with various web frameworks, simply implemented, light on server resources, and fairly speedy.