Routine backup (archives) of the database and application setup is essential to ensure failover is smooth.
Backup is based on the server snapshot automatic backup,manual local backup,using plugin to backup in three ways, three of which have their own advantages and disadvantages, it is recommended to use together
Automatic Backup is very useful and efficient for your system maintenance.
Snapshot of Cloud Server Backup
Cloud Server provider have the Snapshot or Cloud Server Backup Service, the snapshot is for the Server disk. Snapshot tool can record the specified point in time the hard disk data, all backed up, and can achieve a key recovery.
Different Cloud vendor snapshot settings slightly different
- Backup scope: Operation System,Database,ERPNext
- Backup effect: Very Good
- Backup frequency: Automatic backup per hour if you need
- Recommended reason : Done a snapshot backup, a key to restore to the backup point of time state. That is, on-site reduction, very good function.
Some times you can use the manual Backup for ERPNext if you need.
Just download the entire PostgreSQL files by SFTP and export database by phpMyAdmin,you have completed the backup
- Backup scope: Database,ERPNext
- Backup effect: Good
- Backup frequency: You can operate when you need
- Recommended reason : Manual looks more insurance