If you have a human IK rigged character with retargeting data setup correctly, you can import animation to it from Animcraft directly.
Human IK workflow
- Make sure the Animcraft plugin is loaded in your Maya.
- Create a Human IK rig or open an existing scene with Human IK.
- Make sure the Human IK Skeleton Definition is Locked. (Otherwise, the animation cannot be imported)
- Select any part of the Human IK, click Animcraft > Controller Mapping Editor to open Mapping Window.
- There will be an extra button Match HIK appear in Mapping Window.
- Click Match HIK, HIK Source Attribute in Mapping window will be automatically switched to Animcraft Character.
- Import Animation to Human IK:
- Back to Animcraft Main Window, Select the animation resource you want to import to selected Human IK rig. See Animcraft Main Window
- (Optional) Right-click and choose an active Maya.
- click MAYA to send animation to selected Human IK rig
Bake to Rig
- Select the Human IK root bone, add select Translate, Rotate, Scale channels in channel box.
- Bake Animation: in Human IK attribute Editor, click Bake > Bake To Skeleton, then click Bake > Bake To Control Rig.
Make sure the bake option is hierarchy instead of selected before baking your character.