Basefount Privacy Statement
Updated: March 10, 2020
What kind of information do we collect?
Website Use Information
Like many websites, we use tools (including Google analytics) to collect anonymous information from visitors in order to better understand how they use our website. We use session cookies to keep you logged in while you use our website. These disappear after you close your browser. We also use persistent cookies which stay in your browser and allow us to recognize you when you return to our website. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from websites you visit. If you turn off cookies, parts of animcraft.com may not work for you.
Personally Identifiable Information
If you create an account on animcraft.com, we ask you to provide your name, email address and a password. We collect and store this information so that we can identify you as a registered user for access to private areas of our website including product downloads, provide you with product activation keys and optional email notifications.
If you purchase a license of Basefount Animcraft from our website, we collect your billing and payment information, and any other information necessary to complete the transaction. The only payment information we store are transaction ids.
Social networking data
Animcraft has pages on social networking platforms including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn that you may choose to visit and use to communicate with us. When interacting with these pages, a link between your social media platform user account and our pages may be created by the social media platform. Basefount does not have direct influence on the type of data collected in this process. The Animcraft social media pages may include buttons, tools, plugins or other content. When you interact with such content, for example by clicking on a "Like", "Follow" or "Share" button, or by writing a comment, content from the Animcraft pages may automatically appear in your social media platform profile.
System Information and Usage Data
We collect system information during the license activation of our software product. In addition, our software products may collect system information during normal operation and associate this system information with your animcraft.com account.
How do we use your information?
We use your personal data mindfully, and in useful ways, including:
- To validate your identity as necessary to perform our contract with you
- To deliver you services, products, and support as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you
- To send you important information within the scope of our contract with you
- To send you suggestions, offers, promotions, newsletters, surveys, or other information in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent
- To anonymize, aggregate, or de-identify your personal data so it can no longer identify you
- To understand the ways our applications are used and the people using them in furtherance of our legitimate interests or, where needed, with consent
- To improve the security of and troubleshoot our applications, as necessary to perform the contract governing your use of our applications or to communicate with you
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our applications
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To protect the rights, safety and property of Basefount, you, or any third party
How Does Basefount Protect Your Data?
We maintain a combination of reasonable and appropriate physical, administrative, and technological controls to protect your data from unauthorized access or malicious actions.
We take reasonable steps to limit the access employees, contractors, and agents of Basefount have to your personal data to those who need to know this data to perform their assigned functions.
Storage and retention of personal information
We store your personal data and content on our servers and the servers of our service providers. Because we and our service providers maintain servers in global locations, your personal data may be transferred across national borders and stored on the servers outside of your country or region.
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with the applications you are using, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and as needed to comply with our legal obligations. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
How to contact us?
If you have privacy questions, concerns or complaints you can contact us by mail or email.
By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org (with title: Privary Questions)
By postal mail to:
Basefount Technology, Ltd.
Building B7-512, Tianfu Software Park, High Tech Zone,
Chengdu, Sichuan 610000