Animcraft for Maya is a full toolset for Autodesk Maya including scripts and plugins. It provides the connecting to the Animcraft main window retargeting tools, as well as some independent rigging, animation and conversion tools.
How to Learn
We recommend that you learn this chapter as following steps:
- Load and check the plugins.
- How to import animation into Maya character (offcial samples) from Animcraft.
- How to map an arbitrary character rig (controllers based character) and import animation to it:
- Mapping Panel
- Use Templates
- Mapping rigged character
- Mapping skeletal mesh character
- How to export animation resource from any Maya character, and import the resource to Animcraft main window.
- Auxiliary Tools:
- How to convert 3ds Max rig to Maya rig.
- How to convert animated skeletal mesh back to rigged character (including copy weights, models and animations)
- Work with Human IK